First of all, you don’t have to be in high school to utilize our services; many of our international students are in college or in the workplace. We are pleased to provide the classroom instruction and supervised driving experience that are required to obtain a New Mexico driver’s license if you are a citizen of another country, or a resident of another state. Despite what you may hear on the news, regulations to obtain a New Mexico driver’s license are very strict, and we will insure that your application process is completed in accordance with State regulations.
Documents needed and mandated are as follows:
- Passport to show your ID number
- Original Birth Certificate that has been translated into ENGLISH & NOTARIZED
- Two forms of proof of residency, such as an electric bill, rental agreement, bank statement (60 days or greater)
- Check stub or another formal document with your name & NM address
- Once you have obtained these vital documents and have fulfilled your requirements, you will be able to begin driving.
- If you are between the ages of 18 and 25, you must take the DWI class. This class will be offered at the UNM campus…call us for dates & times.
- If you are older than 25, you will only need to take the written test & road test. WE ARE CERTIFIED BY THE STATE to administer these tests.
- If you feel you would like some practice driving we offer this as well. There are significant differences in “rules of the road” here in the US beyond which side to drive on!